There are many different avenues to explore when deciding how best to treat your skin and what you decide to try or not try is a personal choice. However when most individuals are looking at different options they tend to stick to brand name products and often unaware of the benefits that essential oils can offer. This alternative may be desirable option if you are looking to use natural products.
Using essential oils is frequently thought of as alternative or a little off the wall but in reality many of the products we buy off the self we choose because of the natural added ingredients that are said to be the new best thing. Another myth with natural skin care is that it is time consuming and expensive and that definitely does not have to be the case. Bottles of essential oil are indeed small and the cost for the size may seem excessive but ultimately the bottle often lasts months or years because the amount used at any given time is very small.
There are many different options to battle different skin care issues. We will begin by discussing several different essential oils used to combat oily skin and their different applications.
1. Citronella has a distinctive smell and is commonly known as an insect repellent. It can however be used for oily skin, simply add 2 or 3 drops of citronella essential oil to one ounce of carrier oil and apply to the face or affected area.
2. Ylang ylang is an exotic essential oil that can be used to regulate the skins production of sebum. Add 2 or 3 drops to a cotton ball and apply to the affected area, because this essential oil regulates sebum production it can also be used on dry skin.
3. Winter green essence is often associated with gum or toothpastes it can however be used on oily skin by adding two or three drops to a carrier oil and applying to the skin.
4. Orange essential oil can also be used to remove excess oil from the skin, add a couple of drops to a wet cotton ball or pad and gently wipe away.
5. Frankincense is often associated with the biblical story as one of the three gifts given to baby Jesus. Today frankincense is a highly praised essential oil that is very effective in battling oily skin. Again simply wet a cotton ball or pad with water and add 2 or 3 drops of the essential oil and gently remove excess oil from the affected area.
Many essential oils can also be used to alleviate dry, cracked or chapped skin including:
1. As mentioned above ylang ylang can be used for dry skin as well as oily because it works by regulating sebum production.
2. Myrrh also known from the biblical story is effective for many skin aliments or issues including chapped skin, wrinkles, wounds or to rejuvenate tired skin. For wrinkles and tired skin add 2 or 3 drops to one ounce of carrier (almond oil) and apply to skin, for dry or chapped skin add 2 or 3 drops to lanolin and massage into affected area and for sores add 2 or 3 drops of myrrh to a wet cotton ball and gently dab.
3. Sandalwood essential oil can also be mixed with lanolin and massaged into dry and cracked skin.
There are many different options when it comes to skin care. If you are wanting to try natural products essential oils are easy to use and provide you with endless possibilities.
Looking for skin care tips and information for your individual skin care issues and those of your family. Want information on the products available. Visit [http://www.professionalskincaretreatments.com]